Monday, January 7, 2013


NEW YEARS RESOLUTION SUCCESS TIP #8 FROM MASTER SAM NAPLES: "If I could save time in a bottle" . . . But you can't! 
 
This series of Tips began with the concept of allocating time each weak or day for working on your goal or resolution.  We're going to go back and discuss time management again.  In the very first Tip we discussed how you should set yourself up for success by making sure that you have and are willing to allocate all the time and resources necessary for the achievement of your goal.  But that is only 1/2 of the Time Management conundrum. 

There are two parts to time management, the first involves you're willingness to allocate time to the accomplishment of your goal.   The second aspect of time management involves dealing with interruptions loved ones and others that will try to distract you from the achievement of your goal.   To deal with this issue is possibly more difficult than dealing with the latter.  

For example: I was working with a business man who was stuck financially using Neuro-Linguistic Programming.  He was scheduled for his session and at the last moment he called and said, "A yeah, my kids want me to take them to the mall, so I'm going to have to miss today's session."  I was pissed! And he still had to pay me, I require a credit card in order to book a session, but I totally resent and will not tolerate having my time wasted.

Not only did he waste my time, I'm booked out two weeks in advance, which means that there is someone who would have loved to have worked with me that day that I didn't get a chance to help, and I'm all about helping others.  

One of the best time management books I've ever read is not about business, it's not even about time management.  It's about dating.  The book "The Rules: Time-tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right"  though written about dating is really a strategy for developing respect from "Mr. Right."   I'm not going to over do the explanation of the book because you can  get it and read it yourself. But it has principles like, "If you don't call be before Wednesday, I've plans this weekend, even if my plans are to sit around all alone and watch TV.  Buy applying most of the principles in this book, you not only will teach people how to respect you, but you'll also learn to discipline yourself to respect your schedule.  

That is really what this last tip is about, developing respect for your schedule and yourself, regardless of how you do it.   If something is important enough for you to call it a resolution or goal, than it is important enough for you to have personal integrity and also demand that those around you respect your schedule.  

So no matter how you choose to develop a method of managing you life and your time, in order to succeed at your 2013 resolution, you must also be resolved to keep your commitment to yourself, no matter who or what tries to distract you, including you!


Make sure you don't miss any future success tips, and after you click the link below and like my page and then share it with your friends have a successful 2013!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MasterSamNaples-NLP-hypnotherapycom/120771704665823

No comments:

Post a Comment